Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Relate theater to your life

How Theater Relates To My Life

This theater class has allowed me to expand my understanding of the world of theater. Now that I have learned about theater, I can see that it can relate to many of my passions. I am going to relate theater to one of my favorite passions, which is hanging out with my friends, including both males and females. I can definitely relate my theater learning to this passion of mine. I can relate theater to my passion of getting together with friends through our conversations, how we dress, and the entertainment that it brings us. When we talk as a group of friends, we tend to act out the stories that we are telling. How we dress depends on where we are going to hang out and what we will be doing. When we get together, it is always entertaining and fun for everyone.

To begin, when I get together with a group of friends there are many different topics of conversation. When we are talking, it is like we are performing as well. There is always someone that says something and kind of acts it out as they are telling the story and everyone else is the audience. Everyone ends up taking a turn acting out a story that they have. This is related to theater because that is what actors do. They tell a story by acting it out. This also relates to theater because the ones that are listening to the story are like an audience.

To continue, how I dress when hanging out with friends varies depending on where we are going. When I get together with friends and we are going somewhere nice to eat, we all dress up. However, if we are getting together to go sit around a fire in the woods, everyone dresses in old clothes. It is like we dress up according to what we will be doing. This is similar to theater because costumes are designed to fit certain settings. In a production, the actors are going to be dressed according to what they are doing like if they are going on a date, they will look nice or if they are having a lazy day at home, they will be dressed down.

Continuing, when I get together with a group of friends, it is always entertaining. Some stories are more entertaining than other stories, but that depends on who is telling it. Some of my friends are real characters while others are not so much. Most of the stories that take place at a get together are happy and funny. This makes everyone laugh and get more involved with the story. However, the entertainment is not always happy. There can be stories that are sad and scary as well. This definitely relates to theater because there are productions that are happy, sad, funny, scary, etc… Actors must show the proper emotion that go with a production in order for the audience to understand the production better.

To conclude, I have learned a lot about theater. I never connected hanging out with friends to theater; however, now I can see where they are connected to each other. Theater occurs in everyone’s life in some form or another. Theater is related to my passion of hanging out with friends by how stories are told and acted out, how we dress according to where we are going and what we are doing, and how everyone gets entertainment out of it. By taking this theater class, it has allowed me to look at my life and see how theater is incorporated into many aspects of my life. I think this class was a great learning experience and helped me to further understand how theater is related to my life. Since everyone is different, theater can be related to everyone’s life in a different way. Therefore, I feel my passion of hanging out with friends can be related to theater in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment